Why Hyer Luv?
Hyer Luv Kennel and Groomers are proud to have been one of the service providers selected
for the 2009 Distinguished Business Award by The Rockford Chamber.Just one of the many
recognitions collected by the Hyer family in over 25 years of dedication and education in the
companion care field.
What makes Hyer Luv Kennel and Groomers a stand out in the industry?
- We are
a family, like yours, not employees. Each member lives to make your fur childís visit with us special.
- We are here to care for your pet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
- We are open 7 days a week to our clientís human parents. (Mon.-Sat. 8-11 am &
2-7 pm Sun. 4-7 pm)
- Everyday from 7am until Midnight every 1.5-2 hourís your companion has the
opportunity to go outside (potty, play groups, one on one time with a
family member) at no additional charge. There are several large safe play
areas with various exercise toys and surfaces for the fun of our guests.
- Bedding is changed, whenever damp or dirty, at least twice a day. The bedroom
suites are built with ceramic tile a surface that companions are used to
and the spacious rooms do not feel like containment but more like home.
- Water is purified and conditioned and changed out at least 3 times a day.
- We follow your fur childís daily routine. We ask you for a written outline of
your companionís day and instead of demanding your child to follow our
routine and emotionally upset him/her, we bend to ease separation from
home by making their vacation familiar and fun.
- Our facility has three separate vacation suites for our guests. A feline
condo/play room. A small dog building with suites for rest and an indoor
play area. And a large dog building, with large roomy suites to aid in the
comfort of breeds of all sizes.
- Each building maintains a 70 degree year round temperature for your childís
comfort and health. The system is radiant through the floor for your
companionís comfort and safety.
- We will give your pets medications (unless they require grooming or
injections) or vitamins at no additional charge.
- We ask that your bring your childís meals (feel free to bring their treats and a
toy if you like), so there is no dietary upset either when with us or returning home.
- Fred and Sam have over 25 years working with fur friends. They have almost 40 AKC Champions bred
and owner handled since 1990. They belong to many dog organizations, breed
clubs, (holding board positions and committee chairs) and ran a 501 3c
rescue for 20 years (Mid-Michigan Cocker Rescue). Fred is a handler and judge. Sam
lectures in the pet care industry and writes for the Rockford Squire on
pet related topics. She also has an extensive education in animal behavior
and husbandry. Pets are a passion for this family and the care they
provide proves it!
- Hyer Luv Kennel & Groomers has been awarded lifetime memberships with
(former American Boarding Kennel Association) Pet Care Services
Association and ISCC (International Society of Canine Cosmetology). They
also are certified in Pet First Aid and CPR. They are also certified in many pet care treatments (De-shedding,
Oral care, Pet Massage, Stripping/rotating coat, Aroma therapy, and
- Many year members of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce and AKC. Recognized as a
Breeder of Merit by the AKC.
- Licensed and Certified Facility
- But the best thing about Hyer Luv is a family that treats your best friend as